Loan Against Bank's Deposits
Loan can be availed against the Bank’s Fixed Deposit Receipts (FDR)/ Short Deposit Receipts (SDR).
Type of Facility
Loan/overdraft is available in Ugx USD, GBP and EURO irrespective of currency of deposits.
- FDR/SDR should be in name of borrower.
- Loan can also be availed in name of firm/corporate provided the FDR/SDR is in name of the firm / corporate.
- No facility is available against FDR/SDR which is in name of minor.
- 10 % if deposit and loan/OD are in same currency.
- 20% if deposit and loan/OD are not in same currency
The due date of loan / overdraft will be on or before the due date of FDR/SDR. If loan / overdraft is availed against more than one FDR/SDR, the due date of loan / overdraft will be on or before the due date of FDR/SDR which is maturing first
* Interest rate is subject to change from time to time. View latest Interest Rate.
** For further details, contact any of our branches in Uganda