Baroda Housing Loan (BHL)
Type of Facility
Individual in single OR joint names.
- Construction of new dwelling units / flat / Purchase of Flat under construction.
- Purchase of old houses, generally not more than 15 years old (based on structural soundness and residual life of the house).
- Repayment of loan availed from other banks / institutions for the purpose of financing house / flat.
- Purchase of plot to construct a house within a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Houses/Flats purchased or constructed from own sources (period not exceeding 2years)
Age of the Borrower
Principal Borrower 21 years & Joint borrower may be of 18 years.
Amount of Loan
Maximum Ugx.500 million including the cost of Insurance premium of the House Subject to repaying capacity. Quantum of loan amount should not exceed:
- -48-times of gross monthly income of the borrowers who are in service / employment.
Rate of Interest
At 2% below PLR with monthly rests. 2% additional interest (Penal Interest) in case of default in repayment schedule.
- Up to 15 Years (including moratorium period)
- Moratorium period maximum 12 months (for new constructions only)
- Age of the borrower plus repayment period should not be beyond retirement age in case of salaried persons.
- In case of self employed / professionals / other individuals: Age of the borrower plus repayment period shouldn’t be more than –55- years.
Total gross deduction including installment of Housing Loan should not exceed 70% of Gross Income.
For purchase of plot: 40 %. For construction of house / flats already constructed from own sources and loan is taken subsequently: 25% of the cost of construction / purchase price of house / flat.
- Mortgage of flat / house / plot.
- Personal guarantees of spouse / co-borrower, any individual of good repute and worth.
- Equated Monthly Installments
- EMI will include insurance premium charges also.
- Interest from the date of disbursement to the date of commencement of EMI will be recovered separately on monthly compounded basis.
The property under loan will be insured and Borrower's life will also be insured.
* Interest rate is subject to change from time to time. View latest Interest Rate.
** For further details, contact any of our Branches in Uganda